Saturday 3 October 2009

Medical Problems explains AC/DC Singer That Forced Show Cancellations



On Wednesday AC/DC singer Brian Johnson released a statement on the band’s Web site as a follow up to an announcement earlier this week that AC/DC would be cancelling six October dates Johnson needed to have because of a “medical procedure”.
“It’s an inside job that forced me to reschedule those upcoming 6 gigs,” he said.“Inside being the operative word here. My insides were giving me lots of trouble, ulcers and such. They were really uncomfortable and painful, which required me to seek immediate medical attention.
“The doctors looked me over, poked, scanned and prodded all possible areas. In the end they gave me a clean bill of health, but insisted that I take a bit of time to recuperate and rest up. We’ve been touring non stop since this time last year and have a lot more touring to do. Thanks for all of the get well wishes and I hope to see you all again very soon.”
AC/DC gigs in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Louisville, Kansas City, Des Moines and Milwaukee were all postponed, with the tour scheduled to resume Oct. 16 in Washington D.C.
AC/DC has been touring since July in support of its Black Ice album, released last fall.

No comments: